Sunday, November 11, 2012

In Flanders Fields

Good morning everyone. Today I have some Remembrance Day nails to show you all, featuring the trademark poppy. Remembrance Day has always resonated with me for no particular reason, meaning I don't personally know any veterans. I've always wanted to attend one of the ceremonies in Ottawa or visit one of our overseas memorials. I'm pretty excited that Vimy Ridge is on the new twenty dollar bill.

I used OPI Skull & Glossbones for the base of this manicure, then for the poppies I used a dotting tool and two different colours - China Glaze Poinsettia and OPI A Roll in the Hague. The stems were painted using OPI Jade is the New Black and the centre of the poppies with Quo by ORLY Little Black Dress. 

I hope everyone can take at least one minute out of their day today to remember and honour those who gave their lives for our country, whether you are Canadian or otherwise.


Lest We Forget

3 comments:

  1. Lovely nails! I love the poppies excellent idea :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty, love the new nail length too!

    ReplyDelete