Monday, October 29, 2012

Blood Splatters

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first Halloween manicure for this year, I actually have three manis prepared and this was my least favourite, so I thought I'd give it to you first and let you appreciate the other two closer to the spooky day itself. To create this look, I used the splatter technique, where you drip a drinking straw in polish and blow through it onto your nails.
I used a coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather as the base coat for this, and OPI The Thrill of Brazil and China Glaze Ruby Pumps for the splatters. They don't show up as well as I had expected on the black background, but this kind of adds to the creepy look in my opinion.

Here's the aftermath of my splatters, I actually did mine inside an old Tampax box. Eh, whatever works!

Bonus photo of my hands pre-cleanup, I feel like someone with a nosebleed sneezed all over my hand - gross!

If you haven't yet, make sure you head over to my very first giveaway featuring a Lynnderella, CrowsToes, and some beautiful one-of-a-kind custom indies! Yes, this is INTERNATIONAL!


2 comments:

  1. It really looks like blood!! ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunninggg! I love blood splatter nails but i'm too much of a wimp with the mess and stuff lol..

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete