Saturday, September 01, 2012

OPI Designer Series Fall 2012

Good morning everyone! Today I have an exciting start to the new month - swatches and review of the two new OPI DS shades for Fall 2012 - DS Luxurious and DS Indulgence. I know that most people associate OPI DS polishes with gorgeous linear holographic polishes. While these are in no way holo, they are some of the most amazing glass fleck polishes I've ever put on my nails.
Let's start with DS Luxurious, OPI describes this shade as "a captivating coral-red with a golden glisten" but if it were up to me I would call it orange, not red. Nevertheless, this colour is to-die-for. I initially put this one on first because I usually save the best for last, and DS Luxurious just hadn't caught my eye. Upon application, which by the way was smooth and easy in two coats, I knew that I had found one of my new favourite polishes. I don't know what OPI puts in these to make them so shimmery (actually, I do, real diamond dust!) but I could not stop looking at my nails. I'll stop gushing and let you see for yourselves.
I went a little crazy with the photos, so I put the majority of this post under the jump. Please keep reading to see swatches!


What do you guys think? Is this sparkly enough for you?

As I mentioned earlier, this polish was opaque in two easy coats!


Even in the shade you can see how this polish is never dull.

I couldn't resist a bottle shot.

Next we have DS Indulgence, which I knew I needed from the minute I saw the press release. OPI calls this shade a "radiant red-violet with a shimmering, golden finish." While this one is definitely more red than DS Luxurious, I would call it raspberry. 
Again, this polish left me speechless.

Do you know any other polishes that absolutely glow like this? I'm obsessed.

Look how pretty the gold shimmer looks in the shade. This polish took two easy coats for opacity - the formula was perfection.

I love bottle shots!

Here's a shot of the two together, DS Indulgence on the left and DS Luxurious on the right.

My only complaint about these polishes is the weartime - but wait - I didn't use topcoat! I noticed that after one day of (admittedly intensive) retail work I had major tipwear. This is easily fixable with a good topcoat.

Designer Series by OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and each includes OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. DS Indulgence and DS Luxurious will be available beginning September 2012 at Professional Salons and Spas for $14.95 CAN suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer. 
            For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com.  Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment