Sunday, August 05, 2012

OPI Germany - Swatches & Review

Hello everyone! Even though I am busy doing the 31 Day Challenge, I always have time to swatch new collections! Today I have six shades from OPI's new Germany Collection for Fall 2012. 

To avoid clogging up the home page, I'm putting the rest of this post under the jump, so please keep reading!  This post is extremely picture heavy.
The first shade I swatched was OPI My Very First Knockwurst. This shade is a beautiful dusty baby pink. It's feminine without being too flashy, I think that it's a very clean look. This isn't a shade I would have expected for fall, but I am loving this idea!
 

The formula on this polish was great, I got full coverage in two coats and it leveled itself out really nicely - exactly what I look for in a creme.

Here's a photo in the shade - this polish reminds me of a pair of jeans I just got from my work. I guess dusty pink is what's in for this autumn!

Unfor-Greta-bly Blue is the next shade I swatched, and oh boy I was not expecting this to be so pretty. I was skeptical after all the shimmery blues OPI has released in the past year, could this one really be unique? YES. Yes it is!

I used two coats of this polish and didn't have much trouble with brushstrokes.

Here's a photo of it in the shade, even here you can see the beautiful blue glow this lacquer has.

I'll be honest, when I saw Schnapps Out of It! I yawned and wanted to look this polish over. I thought it was a boring Grandma-esque colour and it seemed too similar to Gouda Gouda Two Shoes from the Holland collection this spring. I will compare these shades soon but first I have to insist that you don't overlook this polish because it's lovely.

This odd russet colour with a beautiful silver shimmer is a one-coater. Can you believe that? I actually only used one coat for my swatch, how impressive!

Shade

This is Berlin There Done That, and can I just say, OPI: I love this colour! This mushroom taupe is such a perfect nude, it is I'm sure universally flattering. Once again I have nothing but good things to say about the formula, two easy coats for opacity.

I can't stop talking about this colour, it is so nice. I don't have anything like it, and it's very work appropriate.


Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! is yet another winner. This is a very dark slate gray, or maybe even green, or under some lights even blue. 

No surprises here but this blackened polish has a great formula, an easy two coats was sufficient.

Can you see the different colours this appears whether it's in sun or shade?

Last but certainly not least we have OPI Don't Talk Bach to Me. This colour is difficult to describe, I'm going to say mustard yellow mixed with pea soup green with a dash of silver shimmer mixed in. Now I'm sure you're sick of hearing it, but this polish was on par with the rest of the collection formula-wise and two simple coats left me with a perfect manicure.

This doesn't look particularly flattering in the bottle as I'm sure you're aware, but I swear to you this is a surprise once it's on the nails. I am pleasantly surprised!

Check out that silver microglitter that gives this polish such a unique edge!

What do you think of this half of the Germany collection? Are these the kinds of colours you like to wear during Fall? Which of the shades stand out to you, and which ones will you be leaving behind?

4 comments:

  1. I quite like this collection, especially the blue. It's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I'm not usually a fan of shimmery blues, but this one is electric! I don't even think I can pick a favourite from this half of the collection - I wonder what will happen when I get my hands on the other half!

      Delete
  2. The names are even more groan-worthy than OPI's usual, but there are some really great shades in this collection! Love the neutrals, the Nein!Nein! green, and Don't Talk Bach to Me *will* be mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I hear you on the names, although Berlin There Done That was pretty clever ;)

      Delete