Monday, August 06, 2012

Lizard Skin

Hey guys! Previously in my haul post I showed you some Essence nail stamping plates that I purchased, and yesterday I finally got around to trying one out. For this nail art design I used the plate with animal prints - zebra, tiger, paw prints, leopard, and what I think looks like giraffe spots... but in this manicure the giraffe spots look more like reptile's skin with the colors that I used! The base is Kiko nail polish in number 268, then the spots I used Joe Fresh Persian Blue. Persian Blue didn't really go on as opaque as I would've liked but none of my metallics did either so I just left it. But I have to say that I'm really quite impressed with Kiko polishes. They go on like a dream and the colors are stunning. If you're in Spain, definitely make it into a store because it's so worth it.

So keep reading for more pics! :)







3 coats Kiko 268 + stamped design + Essence quick dry topcoat



These stamping plates seem to be pretty great, although I haven't tried all of the patterns out yet. I find that the full nail designs are easier to use because you can really just place them anywhere and it'll look good. Whereas the single designs can become distorted easily or placed in the wrong spot.. Overall I really like how this turned out and I'll definitely be trying out the other stamps soon. 

Thanks for reading!
Mandy

2 comments: