Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

Hi everyone! So, I completely skipped yesterday's post, I apologize for that. Luckily I had my first day off work in 5 days (which may be normal for most people - but for a university student with a summer job it's quite a lot) and I had some free time to get both yesterday's and today's manicures done up.
I am pretty big on reading. I love books. I have read more books than most of my friends. I was startled when I realized that some people don't read for fun - they only read books when assigned to them at school. I grew up being read to daily and when I was old enough I would read for hours laying in bed. With all this reading, it has been crazy tough to pick just one book to base my manicure around. Should I go with my favourite books - the Harry Potter series and their profound impact on my adolescence, maybe a well loved Jane Austen classic? I finally decided to do the most recent book I've read, which was for my Italian class this past May/June: Io e Te.
My nails are obviously the cover of the book. The spine of the book is yellow, hence the stripe on my index finger.


I was pretty happy with how these turned out! The colours I used were OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, OPI The Color of Minnie, China Glaze Liquid Leather, and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.


I wonder which books everyone else honoured for their manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment