Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 16 - Tribal Print

Good morning! To be honest, I was dreading doing tribal nails. They've always seemed so difficult and the one time I attempted to do a tribal design it turned out awfully. Thankfully, I've come a long way with both my nail art skill level, and my patience. I'm pretty excited about today's manicure, I put quite a bit of time into it and I think it's super cute!
The colours I used for this tribal nail art are OPI Don't Talk Bach to Me, OPI A Grape Fit!, OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, China Glaze Liquid Leather, Zoya Wednesday, Barry M Cobalt Blue,  and two LA Colors Art Deco stripers in black and white. I love these colours together, they're not something I usually would have paired up but I'm in love!

I took some inspiration from The Nailasaurus' tribal print mani from back when she took on this very same 31 Day Challenge. 

I actually really enjoyed doing tribal nails, and playing around with different colour combinations would be a lot of fun. I love that this challenge is forcing me to try things outside of my usual element, and I'm finding that I love doing them!

I wonder what everyone else created for today's theme, there's really no limits to the possibilities for tribal nails! Take a look!


4 comments: