Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 14 - Flowers

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say that I'm back on track with the challenge, and I'm pretty proud of today's post. I didn't know what to do for floral, so I looked around and found inspiration in my very own garden - I chose to do a mani with my favourite flower which are bleeding hearts! I wanted to make these look as realistic as possible, so after browsing a tonne of photos on the internet this is the design I came up with.
These took quite a bit of patience and precision, but I think it paid off!

I used OPI My Very First Knockwurst as the background colour for my design, I knew it would be perfect as it's neutral yet feminine. The other colours I used in the design are OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys, OPI Green-wich Village, OPI Jade is the New Black, OPI If You Moust You Moust, OPI Pink Friday, OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Funky Dunkey, and finally China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.

I wish the bleeding hearts in my yard were still in blossom so I could get a photo with them, maybe I'll have to recreate this manicure next spring!

We're coming up on the halfway point of the challenge! Have you had a chance to check out what everyone else has come up with for today's Flowers theme? Click on the submissions in the inlinkz tool below to be taken straight to their blogs.


10 comments:

  1. love this! You did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to do justice to my favourite flower :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm really excited about getting more and more into freehand nail art!

      Delete
  3. Omgosh girl, this is absolutely beautiful! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carina! I really enjoyed doing this mani!

      Delete
  5. So delicate and pretty and original too--you did such a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete