Friday, July 20, 2012

Colombian Independence Nails

Hello everyone! Happy July 20th, today is the 202nd anniversary of Colombia's independence and I have some tricolor nails to celebrate. I myself am not Colombian, but as you may be aware my major (and extracurricular obsession) is Spanish Literature and Culture, and my boyfriend Daniel was born in Bogotá.
The flag of Colombia has a stripe of yellow on the top which takes up half of the flag, so I used China Glaze Happy Go Lucky to paint two of my nails. The yellow of the flag is said to represent the riches of Colombia. The next colour is blue, OPI Dating a Royal, which takes up one quarter of the flag in another stripe, the blue represents the seas on the coasts. Colombia borders both the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. The bottom stripe is red and it represents " the blood spilled on the battlegrounds by the heroes who gained Colombia's freedom" (source), to complete the flag on my nails I used China Glaze Hey Sailor!

Here is today's Google Doodle on Google Colombia.


For my nails to look like the flag, this photo should be rotated 180 degrees, but I wanted to show off my boyfriend's key chain that he placed on my car keys.

Speaking of the polish, I seem to have had some bubbling problems with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky. Calgary has been somewhat humid lately (humid as far as the prairies go) and I've been noticing bubbling in a few of my lacquers, so I would take that with a grain of salt.

2 comments:

  1. nice mani...your nails are shaped so beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's funny that you say that, I just had to file them all down because of a break on one of them and I wasn't sure about the shape, so thank you!

      Delete