Monday, March 19, 2012

Shades of Blue

Good morning! Today I have another potential entry into Rebecca Likes Nails' nail art contest! Just to remind you, the theme is based upon Rebecca's favourite things: Hello Kitty, gradients, bows, animal print, and dots. I keep trying to fit as many of her favourite things into my manis, and I'm hoping to find a winner to submit!
My genius friend Anisha suggested that instead of trying to combine all five themes on top of each other, like my previous mani, that I put two of them together and make gradient dots! That way it's not so in your face, but it still follows the theme! Anisha also told me that I should try adding ears to my Hello Kitty accent nail. I'm still not sold on the ears.
I've never done gradient polka dots before and I can't get over how nice they look! Although blue is one of the colours I don't wear too often by itself, I had quite a few options and by mixing the colours with white I was able to get a pretty nice gradient.
Keep reading for more photos and to see the colours used.


I used a base of OPI Skull & Glossbones on the gradient fingers, and China Glaze For Audrey on my ring finger. The dots were made from For Audrey, China Glaze Secret Peri-winkle, OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Barry M Cobalt Blue. I used OPI Alpine snow to mix with the blues and get a perfect gradient, and also for the white parts of Hello Kitty. Her bow was made from Quo by ORLY Red Hot, her eyes are decked out in China Glaze Liquid Leather, and her button nose Love & Beauty Yellow.

Hello lobster hands!


Tried to get rid of the red-ness of my fingers here.

What do you guys think of this potential submission, is it better or worse than the last one? Have you entered the contest, or are you planning to? Let me know!

xoxo Nikki

2 comments: