Tuesday, March 13, 2012

La Vie en Rose

Hello everyone! I am so excited to show you today's mani because it might very well be one of my favourites ever! Now I know it's not very original, and I would love to credit one source for my inspiration but there are a trillion manis just like this and I can't narrow it down. I really wanted to do something that was girly and pretty, and I don't mean pretty as in "oh that's cool," more like "wow, how feminine and sweet!"
How can you go wrong with roses and polka dots?
For this mani I used China Glaze Secret Peri-winkle as the base colour for most of my nails, and Illamasqua Load as the base on the accent nails and for the polka dots. I then used my dotting tools to create pretty pink roses using OPI Kiss Me on my Tulips, OPI Pink Friday, and OPI Green-wich Village for the leaves.

Keep reading for more photos!


It has been so sunny out this weekend! Too bad I don't have any pending swatching to do because it's been lovely. At least I was able to get some great shots of this mani.

A close up. Like most nail art, it looks better from afar, especially the roses.

Secret Peri-winkle was almost a one coater. This was the first time I had used it as a base colour and not just accents in nail art and I'm thoroughly impressed. I had a few struggles with Load but it wasn't as bad as last time. I used two coats for the base on this mani and had a few bald spots which I was able to cover with the roses. 


Two pretty accent nails!
My favourite part about this mani is that it's completely doable on both your dominant and non-dominant hands! What do you guys think of my idea, do you like the colour combination I've used? Have you tried a rose manicure?

Thanks for reading!
xoxo Nikki


3 comments:

  1. first of all...gorgeous nails. second of all...adorable mani. it reminds me of france. lol idk but very cute. (:

    ReplyDelete