Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hello Pastel Gradient

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA this week, I haven't even been that busy I just loved my last mani so much I put off removing it until just the other day. Today I have my first potential entry into Rebecca from Rebecca Likes Nails' nail art contest! I am determined to win the $25 giftcard to Ninja Polish, so I'm going to be trying out a few designs and hopefully you guys can give me some feedback! 
To give you context for the challenge, Rebecca wants to see nails that are all about her favourite things! If you've ever read Rebecca's blog, you'll understand why she chose "gradients, animal print, bows, dots, and Hello Kitty" as the theme for this competition. I had mapped out a few designs in my head, wanting to include all of the themes to maximize my chances of winning, but I'm having trouble coming up with designs that aren't too tacky, for lack of a better word. 
So in this design I have tried to incorporate a pastel gradient, polka dots, Hello Kitty and of course her bow! I used OPI Pink Friday for the accent nail and for the pink in the gradient, OPI Do You Lilac It? for the purple in the gradient, China Glaze For Audrey for the blue in the gradient, OPI Alpine Snow for the polka dots and Hello Kitty's face, Quo by ORLY Red Hot for her pretty little bow, China Glaze Liquid Leather for the black features, and one tiny drop of Love & Beauty yellow.
Keep reading for some more photos.


I don't know what it is, but I'm not convinced about this mani! I really love the gradient, but I think the polka dots are too much, and poor Hello Kitty feels out of place!



Here it is in the sun! Montreal is cursed - terrible rainy snowy and windy weather all week when I have to walk 25 minutes to school, but the weekends when I stay inside studying are absolutely beautiful. Just my luck!


I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my big sister Colleen who turns 34 today, wow! I don't know if she reads this or knows my blog exists, but I hope she has a lovely day. To everyone else, Happy St. Paddy's Day! Have a fun and safe holiday.

What do you guys think of my first potential submission? It's cute - but is it the winner? Do you have any suggestions for my next submission?

Thanks so much for reading!
xox Nikki

2 comments:

  1. I think it's soooo cute! I love the gradient the most. My favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the Hello Kitty accent nail. So precious. :)

    ReplyDelete