Monday, March 05, 2012

Fishing for Compliments

Hello everyone! I hope you guys had a great weekend. I'm just so happy that Spring is right around the corner! Today I have some nails that scream spring in my opinion! I got my inspiration from this beautiful manicure that Sarah from Chalkboard Nails did recently. I couldn't believe that she could get such nice lines without using tape, and drawing the design with the polish brush, but it's true!
I still can't get over how pretty this manicure is! The colours I used were OPI Do You Lilac It?, Fly, Did It On 'Em, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, and Quo by ORLY Filthy Rich. I like the colours I chose, and I feel like while the gold may not have been the most obvious choice it's a cool enough gold to pull it off. 
My nails looked so good with this on that I couldn't help myself and I took quite a few pictures. Keep reading if you dare!





I'm sorry about the tipwear, but after how many coats of nail polish there was bound to be some faults. 

My thumb who doesn't often make an appearance! I like how some of the colours take on a different hue when layered over each other, the OPI Do You Lilac It? on my middle finger is totally different than the base layer near my cuticle. 





What did you guys think of this fish-scale-esque design, will you be trying it any time soon? I want to do it again as soon as possible, it wasn't too much work but the outcome looks undeniably awesome. Do you have any colour suggestions for the next time I try this out?

Thanks so much for reading!
xoxo Nikki

9 comments:

  1. I think its cute! I may have to try that next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, you picked great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great, I will try this one day when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the color combinations you used! I want to try this technique out one day myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the colour combination- especially the metallic gold which really makes the design pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I need to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each
    time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Cheers!



    Here is my web blog - raid recovery for windows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

    My blog :: Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition

    ReplyDelete