Sunday, January 08, 2012

Monkey Business

Hey everyone, hope you're enjoying the weekend! I'm enjoying the last weekend before going back to school on the red eye tonight. I feel like such a complainer, but it's time to get started with the new semester! I tried some nail art out that was inspired by my childhood, haha! I used to have a sock monkey, but one of my friends took it and sold it in her garage sale, I was devastated. For my nephew's first birthday I bought him a classic sock monkey because they're just so cute, and they remind me of when I was little and my long lost friend. 
I started with two coats of China Glaze Pelican Gray, then I mixed some Pelican Gray with black and sponged that over to get the look of the grey sock fabric. I used OPI Alpine Snow for the mouth area and OPI The Thrill of Brazil for the actual mouth. They eyes were made using a dotting tool and China Glaze Liquid Leather. Admittedly, their mouths kind of look scary, they were pretty hard to do with just a dotting tool and not a striping brush. 





This was a fun mani to wear for a while, but they're not exactly what I envisioned. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist sometimes. Best of luck if you're headed back to school tomorrow like I am! 
xoxo - Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment