Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Gold Foil Comparison

Today I have a comparison of two gold foils to show you guys. I mentioned wanting to compare these two a little while ago when I introduced Filthy Rich by Quo by ORLY in this post, and now that I'm back in Calgary I have access to a gold polish I bought a while ago but left at home. I was certain these were dupes, but I'm happy to see that they are in fact quite different!
On my index and ring finger I have Quo by ORLY Filthy Rich and on my middle and ring fingers I have Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Gilty Pleasure. Filthy Rich has a hint of silver and it's more sparkly than Gilty Pleasure, which is a little streaky. More photos after the jump!





Flash makes them look more similar than they are. 

Here's a macro shot, you can REALLY see how silver Filthy Rich is in comparison. 

Gilty Pleasure looks like it has a more copper/bronze feeling while Filthy Rich is true yellow gold with a hint of silver. 


Bottle shot inside, they look pretty similar don't they?

Bottle shot in the sun, the Quo by ORLY is on the top. 

Overall I guess we can conclude that these are not dupes. They're probably not even close enough to merit having only one, but if I had to choose I would pick to keep Filthy Rich, the Quo by ORLY polish because I like the colour better and it wasn't streaky at all. I used two coats of each of these for my swatches and have no topcoat on. Do you guys have a favourite gold foil? 
xoxo Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment