Friday, December 09, 2011

Finals make me Sick!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday..it’s not such a happy Friday for me. I just got back from an especially draining Psychology final, but it’s over now and there’s no use dwelling on the past. Well maybe there would be some use if I didn’t have two more finals this Monday.. ;). I have OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window from the recent fall Touring America collection! I was expecting this green to look like, well let’s not beat around the bush, puke (more on that later). To be honest I’m both pleased and disappointed. I am very happy because this colour is a lot more wearable than I thought it would be, but it takes away some of the fun of the name!
For my swatches I used two coats of Uh-Oh and one coat of Seche Vite. I can’t say anything about the wear because I got so stressed out during my exam today that I started peeling it off my fingers.. bad habit, I know. Keep reading for some more photos of this unique green.



This was taken inside under my yellow lamp..I thought this would be the colour of this polish all the time.

Inside

Flash



About the name of this polish, let’s clear some things up..it’s CLEARLY talking about getting carsick! What do you guys think? I was reading online about how some people think that it’s the green colour of a fart and that you have to roll down the window to let the smell out.. but a roadtrip collection made me think that it’s somebody about to throw up because they’re carsick! I told my roommate about the name controversy and laughed about whoever would think it was an allusion to a fart but she thought it was too! Now I’m not sure, can we have some clarification, OPI? Either way I love the name, I know some people are offended by it or think that this sort of humour doesn’t belong in the beauty world but it just goes to show how down to earth OPI can be.

The product in this post was kindly sent to me by PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment