Sunday, October 09, 2011

Illamasqua Does it Better

Remember the heart nails that appeared in an Illamasqua press release a few months ago? I sure do, and I thought to do something to spice up this mani but it didn't really turn out like I had hoped. Keep reading after the break!
I started with one of my untrieds, a Revlon polish called Lily which I thought was kind of boring, and considering some of my other Revlons I assumed it would be a mess. Much to my delight Lily was an absolute pleasure to apply and wear! Although I'm not sold on the name, Lily? Don't they mean Lilac? This is not the colour that I associate with lilies. I regret covering up this pretty mani with China Glaze Liquid Leather. I was trying to do kind of the opposite of the Illamasqua design, but it just ended up looking like silly black triangles. Oddly enough, I got two compliments on these in my Organic Chemistry lab - imagine that! 


I should probably buy an angled brush so I can do a better clean up job, but here you can kind of see what I was going for. Can't you? No? 


No comments:

Post a Comment