Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fan-freaking-tastic Facets of Fuchsia

Funny story, the other day I drop by Pharmaprix and I notice the beautiful new Revlon collection. Well I'm not one to love glitter in a clear base, and baby pink and silver just wasn't doing it for me, but when I laid eyes upon Facets of Fuchsia I just knew that we were going to get along great. I immediately texted Mandy and told her I had just grabbed a bottle, and she replied that she had too! The same day! We decided to both post our swatches and reviews so you can get two opinions and see how it wears on two different people, and also it's a pretty enough polish that you PROBABLY won't mind seeing it twice. Without further adieu, I bring to you Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia, a mix of magenta-esque hex and fine glitter in a black jelly base.

This is three coats of FoF with (one or two, I don't remember) coats of Seche Vite. Since it's a jelly the first two coats look super thin, but it builds up really nicely. I think if you wanted to use less polish you could layer one or two coats over a coat of a black creme, but where's the fun in that? I love the effect that you get where you can see glitter trapped under a coat of jelly. The formula was easy to work with and I can't say enough great things about this polish. As for its dupe-ability, I have read and seen swatches comparing it to Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance, and they are definitely very similar! Unfortunately I don't own BR (or any Lippmann polishes - yet!) so I can't do a comparison, but with the Revlon ringing in at anywhere between $3 and $6, it's not a bad option. Check out some photo spam after the jump!



The glitter is all one colour, it's just a different colour whether it's in the sun or the shade!




I thought it looked absolutely perfect against my bottle of Bath and Body Works black raspberry vanilla body cream. Little known fact: I used to work at Bath and Body Works! I hope you enjoyed this post, I can't wait to see what Mandy has to say about FoF. Love, Nikki.

No comments:

Post a Comment